St. Robert. Waynesville. Missouri. Pulaski County. Photograhpy. Fort Leonard Wood. Engagement. Family. Maternity. Newborn. Children. Seniors. Telling the Story

Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Beginning (In Photography That Is)




I'm a native Floridian...
a minority in my own home state where only 33% of its population can make that claim.
And my love of photography got its roots during my high school days there. 
 Luckily for me, my passion for capturing moments with my camera and my love of sports
were married on the local football field.
You see, Friday night football was a BIG thing in our community, and the local newspaper only had one photographer to cover three high schools. 
 There was a need, and I jumped in to fill that need.
Little 'ol me, walking the sidelines amongst the hulking football team...



...snapping away, Friday night after Friday night.
It was a hard job, but someone had to do it!



  

Between getting that perfect action shot on the field,
and also being the photographer for our high school yearbook,




my desire to one day make photography my career was set.




Part two of those football days is that I went on to marry one of those hulking players,
my crush and the love of my life, Charles Lamar.
And because of his chosen career, the Army,
I left my home state and became a world traveler. 
As you can imagine,
the sights seen and the people met at each of our duty stations had to be captured
forever after.
This further cemented my career decision. 
I needed to capture those memories for others as well as for myself.

Before leaving my home state,
I had the opportunity to study visual arts at
Floarts,
Florida School of the Arts.
This time enabled me to hone my photography skills
to better prepare for my future goals and to finally make...

 
 

 a reality.

There is a saying,
"if you love your work, you never have to work a day in your life",
and I find that to be so true.
It's with excitement and anticipation that I meet each new client,
whether in my studio or on location.
And when I'm done with their session,
I realize I've added new friends to my life.

Friends who have given me the privilege of capturing their
memories...forever after!


2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love hearing stories about how people got started.
    Isn't it SUCH a blessing being able to do what you love for a living!?
    I don't think I'll ever get used to it completely. Haha!

    Thanks for sharing your story!


    -jb

    http://createlikecrazy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jordan. Like you, I enjoy other's backstory, so I decided to share my own :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete