St. Robert. Waynesville. Missouri. Pulaski County. Photograhpy. Fort Leonard Wood. Engagement. Family. Maternity. Newborn. Children. Seniors. Telling the Story

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Appreciation and More




May is
Military Appreciation Month

This very important month
 honors, remembers, recognizes and appreciates
all military personnel;
those men and women
who have served throughout our history
  and
 all who now serve in uniform
 and
their families
 as well as those Americans
  who have given their lives
in defense of our freedoms we all enjoy today.
The military has been a part of my life
since I was nineteen....
that's almost half of my life!
Over these years,
I have seen the sacrifices made by our
service men and women.
Over. and. over. again.
And, at this moment,
 I'm thinking that the word appreciate
doesn't seem to be quite adequate...
doesn't quite cover all the emotions
that I feel for our military.
So I'm going to add:
admire,
applaud,
 esteem,
 praise,
 respect,
honor,
and
 treasure
MONTH!
There is one service man in particular,
a certain
CPT. Charles Lamar Mallard,
who I especially
appreciate,
and  I want to
 heap upon him all of the other
accolades above!
But there is a word left off that list...
one that is especially reserved
for this very special man.
Charlie,
I
appreciate
and
LOVE
you...
 (This photo was taken by my mom!)

during this month

and

always!



No comments:

Post a Comment